Monday, July 02, 2007

"Do You Trust Me?"

"What?"
"Do You trust me?"

That set of quotes is from Disney's Aladdin. They are spoken right before Jasmine takes Aladdin's hand and they fly off on a magic carpet ride.

Think of that question.

"Do You Trust Me?"

How hard is it to place your trust in someone? For me, especially with guys, it is a hard subject. I have been hurt way too many times to place complete trust in guys. So why am I writing this small entry about trust?

This weekend I was stretched beyond my limits with the trust factor. God took it upon Himself to make sure that my weekend was full of challenging things to keep me occupied and to start my trust again. With the Great Adventure Race as stated previously in the entry before this....and even more so when we went caving yesterday. I had to completely trust more than one guy and a few girls as well. It was really well but I was seriously really scared.

When you are in a small cave with lots of people there's not too much to worry about. However, I was just plain freaking out and Ben was amazing in his help to me. Totally gave up running around the cave with all the other guys. He was a warrior and I am so thankful for him but it was really hard to keep trusting him on the way back. I remember one part where I just freaked out and I couldn't do it and it took my CG leader Jo to have me look at her and she said " Lauren You need to trust Ben, he's not going to steer you wrong." I was on the brink of tears and finally I gave way. I am so thankful for the Lord stretching me this weekend in this way. I have known ever since my hurt with Mr. Music that trust was always going to be an issue with me. I am glad to be able to trust guys again without expectations. It really is a great feeling. I have also learned to trust God more with the things He places in my life and the things He stretches me to do.

I am growing so much and while I didn't see it at first, I see it in full right now. I am amazed at the Everlasting God and His neverending Love for me. He has given me a beautiful opportunity here in Colorado and I know I would never want to spend my summer any other way.

I'm listening to Michael Buble right now and my new fave song of his is "Everything" I cannot wait until my husband can think of me that way. I am off to write to him of my adventures and struggles and triumphs in Christ so far this summer. I cannot wait until he reads these letters I have been writing him. Some will break his heart but others will just fill it with so much joy!

To end on a funny quote from David a project friend:
"You can't go wrong with Michael. If I had a man crush it would be on him." ~ In reference to Michael Buble.

No comments: