Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Prop Shop In Schwab

Also known as my home.
Freshman year I was assistant props master. THE FALL of my freshman year. I spent HOURS in the basement of Schwab in the Prop Shop. It has been through a LOT! Mess, columns, fire hazard warnings, etc. When I was Props Master for FOOTLOOSE, it was Hell trying to find stuff in there. Not to mention really freaky when you are in there alone. The basement of Schwab is haunted and well I try not to go down alone.

Anyways. Today was SCHWAB CLEAN OUT!!! WOOT! The third one this year. FINALLY we got to the prop shop and after taking EVERYTHING...literally EVERYTHING out, it looks BEAUTIFUL!!! So clean, so organized. I had the nice job of taking stock of everything...we have a bunch of stuff. It's pretty sweet. It's also really nice to say stuff like "yeah I made that flashing staff for Into the Woods out of wood, a camera flash and cloth." Oh yeah. It's home to a bunch of beautiful, memorable objects that we just don't have the heart to throw away. For example, an HMS Pinafore life circle thinger. It's fun!

However I left clean out early because I had to finish editing my Veterns History Project for my Comm Field Production class. Ugh, I HATE editing, but it's going to be a job that gets me something to live off of until I can prove myself in the theatre world.

I'm supposed to do the Disney College Program in the fall, I'm waiting to be accepted. If I do, I'll have a good shot at being able to work for ABC or ESPN. It'll be great! haha

Sometimes College wears me out. I couldn't go home for Easter. I have rehearsal for J and H at 7 tomorrow. Not to mention that we have a club meeting at 6. I would have had to be back here by 5 to settle in and eat and everything. It just wasn't happening. But I do have the apartment to myself, I just miss the fam and the Big Family dinner they will have tomorrow with the grents, cousins, and all. Most of all I'll miss the kids. My little cousins are growing up and they don't even know who I am. It's so hard. I mean Kevy knows who I am. We have this kind of bond because I was the first cousin he saw in the hospital after waking up. For some reason he loves hanging out with me. We have movie hang outs, he doesn't like to call them dates haha, and he loves me to babysit when I'm around. But he's growing up and he barely knows me. Ugh I wish I was home more. What can you do? This is my life. Away from home but home is so much a part of me.


Off to practice vocals and dance...yes it's 20 of 10 at night. So Much Fun!

No comments: