Friday, August 31, 2007

College...."This is real life."

Thanks to J.Bott for: "This is real life."

My first two years of college have been blind eye experiences. I go to a top party school and I have never really been introduced into that setting too heavily. I do hang out with theatre kids and well that setting is almost a given. But I have had gracious friends who respect me for me.

This year being year three my eyes have been opened. The other day I went to my 10 10 class and sat next to a kid who it seems had drank a lot the pervious night or early that morning and he smelt so badly of alcohol that i wanted to up chuck. But its true. People have had a party every night this week here at school. I mean talk about being excited for school.... My heart really goes out to those people who live their lives at parties. Who have nothing but parties to look forward to or getting drunk. Is life really all that bad?

Another thing...I've been becoming and overachiver. I am swamping myself. I think its just to get away from some things that I will have to face eventally mainly my living situation. Hopefully after this week things will be slower.

Finally, I am tired of giving my all for certain people/clubs and getting walked all over. I've come to learn that it doesnt matter how much you love something or even if you are decent at what you do...its all about who is popular, who holds the most in the club, and who is friends with the Heads. It's really quite upsetting because I am ready to leave a group that is so dear to my heart because its what I love to do, and then I would not have a place to enjoy what i love to do. I hate the situation I'm in and I'm trying to work it out. We will see how this semester goes.

Until sunshinny days... and less humid ones at that.

No comments: