Saturday, June 07, 2008

Stealing Cinderella

I'm in that mood again. You know, the one you get in after reading about Mr. Darcy, Galas, Knights in Shining Armor and the like. Sometimes my minds drifts to these places. What it would be like to marry a guy who takes you to galas and shows you off. A guy who is arrogant at first but upon realizing his love for you decides he is going to change. A sweet guy riding in to save the day and risk his life for your love. One of the things that catches me about the whole Mr. Darcy thing is that Elizabeth didn't even like him. I mean, who would at first, but even after he makes his change, she turns him down. I mean seriously? Does that kind of stuff drive a man?

I was thinking about what it would be like to go to a formal event. You know one where you had to wear a gown and the gent wears a tux and there is champagne and such. Then my head went into Disney song mode and I thought: "He'll whisper 'I love you' and steal a kiss or two. Though he's far away, I'll find my love some day. Some day when my dreams come true."
Then my head went: "Omgosh, my dreams are coming true. I am working for Disney. Does this mean that possibly I will find him! The One! ahhhh" But it's all in my head right?

I'm still on the search, though I am being more subtle about it. I only wish that guys would take more advice from classic novel characters then they would the men around them. If a guy modeled himself around Mr. Darcy, the world would be different. *sigh*

I'm not getting any younger. I know that I am still young, but when your friends start getting engaged and the number of boyfriends you have had you can count on one hand, you start to think that maybe he's not out there. Doubt is part of human nature. However, Trusting God that He will send the right guy at the right time, is what I need to do. 
I remember thinking that I had found that guy once. I was wrong. I wasn't super wrong, but I was wrong. Now, even though we are okay, things are weird. I never told him I thought he was the one. I mean that would be even weirder. But on occasions, my mind likes to wander off to what it would be like if we ever were married.

I'm a girl it's my nature.

Anyways the reason I titled this as such is because of a song my brother put in the back of his girlfriend's scrapbook he made for her graduation.

it's called Stealing Cinderella by Chuck Wicks. Here are the lyrics. Check em out and let me know what you think.

I came to see her daddy for a sit down man to man
It wasn't any secret I'd be asking for her hand
I guess that's why he left me waiting in the living room by myself
with at least a dozen pictures of her sitting on a shelf

Chorus:
She was playing cinderella
she was riding her first bike
bouncing on the bed and looking for a pillow fight
running through the sprinkler with a big popsicle grin
dancing with her dad, looking up at him
in her eyes I'm Prince Charming
but to him I'm just some fella
riding in and stealing Cinderella

I leaned in towards those pictures to get a better look at one
when I heard a voice behind me say "Now ain't she something, son?"
I said "Yes, she's quite the woman" and he just stared at me
Then I realized that in his eyes she would always be

Playing Cinderella
riding her first bike
bouncing on the bed and looking for a pillow fight
running through the sprinkler with a big popsicle grin
dancing with her dad, looking up at him
in her eyes I'm Prince Charming
but to him I'm just some fella
riding in and stealing Cinderella

He slapped me on the shoulder
then he called her in the room
when she threw her arms around him
that's when I could see it too

She was playing Cinderella
riding her first bike
bouncing on the bed and looking for a pillow fight
running through the sprinkler with a big popsicle grin
dancing with her dad, looking up at him
if he gives me a hard time
I can't blame the fella
I'm the one who's stealing Cinderella

anyways that's all for now.


No comments: