Sunday, April 20, 2008

We've been waiting for an hour...you said it would be 30 minutes.

So my cousin came to visit me this weekend. Nice break from the crazy world of my life. We had a very nice weekend...kinda.

My aunt gave us $100 for food this weekend. I barely eat out...which is to say that I barely eat anything at all. I don't have time, yet somehow I am still on the hefty side. Anyways, The first place we went to was Applebee's. A nice place usually tasty. Well we got our fave app. Queso dip with chips. The Queso was like hard as a rock...we just kinda stared at it. haha.

The next day we went to the all famous Waffle Shop for some tasty breakfast before we headed up to the Stadium for the again famous Blue and White Game (which was boring as per usual). The place was packed, so it was understandable if the service was not so great. But the service seemed exceptionally off. I'm a waitress at a diner that gets really busy like this place. I know when service is bad.
Later we decided to hit up Chili's for dinner. Good Idea we think. There is only two of us so the wait shouldn't be horrible. We were so wrong. We put our name in and said First available. They told us 30 min maybe 45 at the most. So we sit no more than a foot from the hostess stand. We wait. and wait. and wait. As we are waiting we see people literally walk in and get seated. We understand about call ahead seating but this was getting bad. So after an hour of waiting we go up and ask what's up. They said they either called us and we missed it...oh, or they skipped us. WTH? We were sitting right there and we def would have heard them call us. They seat us, cause we were mad. We sit at a way dirty table that hasn't even been wiped. the waitress we got was really nice and really good. But when my food came it was on a plate that was already dirty (it looked like there was bbq sauce or something on it that didnt come off in the dishwasher. Ugh it was bad. We left our waitress a really good tip though.

I guess it was just a string of bad restaurant luck.

Great weekend with my cousin though...very chill. There's too much drama here. I think I created some. Anyways I can't wait to leave this place. A great summer with my fam and an internship...still have to find a paying job. Then Disney in the Fall and Graduation in the Spring. Life is good. The only thing I am going to miss is theatre. Because that's the only reason why I stay here.

When I threatened to quit the club this year my friend asked what I would do. I said, "I don't know. If I quit Thespians I would want to leave Penn State. I can't leave Penn State because i have a year left...so I guess I'm not quitting."


Life. Is. Rough. But we can't afford to play it safe by wearing a helmet.

No comments: