Monday, February 12, 2007

Though you've been acting cold to him You know your hreat is sold to him

The title is from the Pajama Game.

So we talked in Bible Study today about love and what perfect love looks like. We also talked about how God is Love. It really got me to think about a lot of things. Unconditional love. Wow. What a set of words.

Anyway, I figured some things out. My heart is sold to him. That has been plane from the start. In Bible Study we were asked to think about our relationships and if we loved the other person before we entered into relationships with them? I think in the case of Mr. Music (lets just call him that) I did love him. I loved him as a brother in Christ. I say that because at that time in my life, the summer before college, I was just beginning my incredible journey with Christ. I was constantly in prayer and just praying for everyone even people I had yet to meet. As our friendship grew, so did my love for him as a brother in Christ. I was in constant prayer for him and I cared about him. Even during our relationship, constantly prayed for him and I was constantly praying about our relationship. I wanted to be Glorifying God in every way. I realize that there were some areas that we needed to work on in the Glorifying God bit, however my relationship with Christ never faltered. And the aftermath? I feel the same. I am constantly praying for him and his relationship with God to bloom. I continue to pray for God to shape his heart into one of a warrior and give him a good Christian Role model. I am a prayer warrior for my brother in Christ. It hurts not to know what is happening and it hurts even more to know that during the course of our friendship, he did not accept my prayers or my view of things because of my denomination. Little he knows of my faith that he will let God lead him to where God wants him to be. It is sad to see that he will not trust God enough to say "Ok, Lord I think you are calling me on a missions trip or a summer project and I will go." It is sad to see that he is too afraid of leaving his comfort zone and be a warrior for God. But I will pray on because there is something about this brother of Christ that is driving me to pray for him every night and every day. What it is, I have not found out myself. I have every reason to kick him from my memory, but I will fight on in prayer for him.

I love being a prayer warrior. If you have any requests, send them to me. Know that even though I might not know you, I am praying for you. I am praying that will you come to know the Lord in beautiful ways. For God is Love and He loves you more than you will ever realize.

1 John 4:7-21

Incase I don't get around to writing....Happy Valentine's Day

1 comment:

timesofmylife said...

Yepper, i know where you stand.