Sunday, March 04, 2007

I just want you to know

So today I got baptized. YAY!!! It was great! So many people where there and in spirit too! Thank You to all who made it special.

I also saw Hairspray tonight!!!!! AHHHHHHH it was so good! Link was mmmm. Haha in all it was fantastic!

What this post is really about is how I am feeling right now. Because sometimes I feel like that is what blogs are used for. To let feelings out.. So here goes:
I heard some really discouraging news this weekend concerning someone I care about. I thought this someone was walking with the Lord but I guess not. I thought that the girls in his life were encouraging him to be a man of God, but I guess not. I thought he had good strong Christian men in his life encouraging him to become a man of God, but I guess not. I started to think about things. When we met and while we were friends we really encouraged each other to grow in our faith. When we dated we still encouraged each other and while at times things got out of hand and we strayed, I always came back to my faith. When the opportunity to stray some more came up, he took it and I quit. We went our separate ways and I continued to pray for him every night and his growth in the Lord. If that makes me a bad person I am sorry. However, what seems to be the case to me is that every girl in his life has let him down. What he will never realize is that the one girl who had the courage to tell him that he was no where near the man of God he was striving to be, is the one who has never given up on him and who refuses to give up on him. What he will never realize is that while all the other girls he goes with don't care about who he is or what he does just as long as he is cute and charming, there is one girl who does care about who he is, what he becomes and while there may not be anything in the future for him and this girl, she still cares about him as a brother in Christ and as a best friend. What he will never realize is that he deserves none of this but her heart can not let him become a lost lamb. His smile and his happiness means the world to her and knowing that he could possibly make one mistake that will make him unhappy for the rest of his life, disheartens her.

And while I am discouraged through all of this, I still will not underestimate God. He has given me no reason to doubt Him. I place all my trust in Him and what He has to do. If God's will is for this friend to live the life he is heading for, then that will be accepted. But knowing that God has bigger plans for her friend than he has ever imagined puts a smile on her face, even if he doesn't realize that God is the one in control.

and so sometimes I cry. and sometimes I smile. But the Lord fills me with peace knowing that in some way, He will make things right in the end. In that time, things will be as they have to be.

Until warmer days....

No comments: