Friday, March 02, 2007

What is this thing you call "State's Patty's Day"?

So today is a big excuse for people to get wasted and wear green and pretend to be Irish. All of this because St. Patrick's Day is over Spring Break. Ugh what is this world coming to?

Personally I would love to celebrate St. Patrick's Day at home. I get to see my Uncle play at an Irish Pub and spend it with my Irish Family. I don't drink, infact I usually end u watching the kids. My favorite activity is making Irish Potatoes.

I hate that people use this holiday to drink. I guess that's what its always been for, but its just really annoying. "I'm going to wake up at 4 am and drink the whole entire day." And when you go into a coma, don't call me. Or call me and watch me shake my head at you. What is this world coming to?

These past two days have been interesting. We watched a movie on advertising and the affects it has on women and people and how people are viewed. It seriously made me angry. What makes me even more upset is that people today who are Ad/PR majors are probably not going to make it any different. They are more than likely going to keep adding to it because as Switchfoot says: Sex is currency she sells cars, she sells magazines. grrr.
The talk at Cru last night was AMAZING!! Joel is really interesting actually everyone at Cru is really interesting. Today I listened to Dr. N's talk on 1 Corinthians 13 and I was just in awe. It was really insightful. That's one of the things I love about Cru. The people are GREAT!

Today I woke up at the crack of Dawn to eat with some cool Cru kids. I totally came back and went back to bed though. THen I went about my day as usual and ended napping and not doing work which means I need to get on that tomorrow after my meeting for Baptism. I'm going to Women's Time tonight but I'm not going to the St. Patty's Day party because I don't do big things in small areas. If I go, it will be just to say hi and maybe get some snacks. I think tonight is just going to be a relaxed night. I love those.

Well Im off to read for a bit until Women's Time

P.S. It was 50 degrees today!!!! AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!

Until sweeter days!

No comments: