Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wet Hand Shakes and Sweaty Hugs

I think the best part of my day was when I went to introduce myself to the Morale Overall MJD and I held out my hand for him to shake it and the conversation that followed went like this:

MJD: My hand is wet I just washed it.
Me: I don't care (hand shake) Just wanted to let you know who I was so you knew who was interviewing you on Tuesday.
MJD gives me one sweaty hug: Great! See ya tuesday!

I could write a book on why I love morale and he'd be all over it and we just met haha

We had our Pow Wow tonight. It was amazing. Morale is amazing and we are gonna have a great year this year. I hope we raise over 5.2 mil....lets shoot for 6.5 mil

Check out www.THON.org to learn more about the org and what we do. Morale is in charge of the dancers. It's only 3 weeks away.

My birthday is just about one week away. I totally forgot about it because I have been non stop busy and my mom reminded me today lol. This is also why I haven't written. I don't have time. It's 11:30 pm and I have an 8 am class tomorrow. Not to mention i need to get up and shower cause I didn't get a chance to get one tonight.

So just as a side note. I'm finding it weird that I am going through all this challenging stuff without my team of guys to lean on. I mean last year I danced in THON and went to Vail without MDOC around. It was weird and I had to see him and then he said he didn't even want to be friends with me and it hurt. But I wish things were different because there is so much I want t show him, so much I wish he would open his eyes to. Now Semi formal is friday and we went together freshman year. It's just weird. I saw pictures from it the other day. It was the first time we actually went out together and it was amazing. T-Dogg was going to be my date this year, but he got a girlfriend this summer and changed completely. he is totally whipped and she's a little bit obsessive. he stopped talking to me halfway through fall semester and Now I am left with no strong guy friends. Sean is a strong guy friend, but he's really busy too and we only see each other on gym days....which is fine by me cause he's the best gym buddy ever!! But it's weird to do all of this without male support. Girls can support us, but its different.

You know what every girl wants? Every girl wants that one best guy friend. The one who will show up on the night of semiformal, dressed in his best with a rose and a hug. That best guy friend that dances every dance with her, even the slow ones because he knows that all she really needs is a guy to hold her. Every girl wants that guy friend who will smile, walk her to her door, kiss her forehead, and say goodnight and that he had a wonderful time. Every girl wants this because this is what gives us hope and when don't have it, we feel hopeless, unloved, insecure, and out of place. We feel ugly, wasted, and unwanted. We are girls and we have glass hearts that shatter when dropped.

Not all of us are this way. Some of us are strong. We know who we are and we know that we can get by without a guy in our lives. We know that whatever the wind brings we can take it like a man. But somewhere in us there's a bit of that hopelessness. All we want to be is loved, for who we are and what we will become.

I guess I really am somewhat of a Romantic. I sing a song that todays generations don't want to listen to. Maybe someday it'll come back around. But it seems like for now...it's lost in the rap music of degrading women and lusting after men.

*sigh*

Until dry hand shakes and hugs
~Me~

No comments: