Tuesday, July 01, 2008

But It's cool Cause We're just Friends

Part of the chorus from Just Friends by the Jonas Brothers. I love that song.
I'm dedicating this part of the song to My Cousin Ryan and his fiance Katie, they are getting married this weekend. Here is the part I am sending out to them:

Thinkin about how
we're gonna say our vows
it's cool we're just friends
As she walks down the isle
I see all my friends smile
Cause Now we're more than friends

A little bit about this wedding... since it's in North Carolina, my family is using it as an excuse to road trip so that we can catch up with some old family friends on the way. So my mom, brother, sister, and I are jumping in the car and heading there at 4 am tomorrow. Wait, I forgot to mention my brother's girlfriend and my sister's boyfriend and my....oh wait that's right I don't have a date. This is more so because I don't have a boyfriend, even though he would really come in handy right now. I'm not bitter, I'm just frustrated. I know I am going to be left out of a bunch of stuff and dancing isn't going to be fun alone. I know I know, meet someone there and dance with them...but it's not the same. That slow song comes on and who do I get to dance with...no one. This is my first wedding as a grown up and well....it sucks to go alone. 

So here's the game plan. We are leaving at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow and driving to VA beach. After that we are heading to a friend of ours who lives in VA and staying over. Thursday we are going to Busch Gardens and to add salt to the wound, both of the daughters of this friend are bringing their boyfriends. Gee Golly Gosh I am going to have a blast. We are staying for the fireworks at Busch Gardens then heading to NC for the wedding. Friday we are going to chill maybe with my uncle but more so just as a family and the sig others, and Saturday is the wedding.

I wish I had a date and to be honest I could have just asked a guy friend. But it's not the same. It stinks to be going this alone, but I guess that's life. I think it would be different if there were friends of mine who were going to be there and are single too....but there aren't. I am going this alone and it stinks. It stinks a lot.

So say some prayers for me. I hope to have fun, but at the same time I want that:
Everyone knows it's meant to be
falling in love just you and me

and

Hello Beautiful
How's it going?

No comments: