Saturday, June 06, 2009

Random Ramblings

I'm going to post something real quick because I have a lot on my mind:

1. He's Just Not That Into You

When the book came out and my cousin was reading it, I read a bit of it. I really, really hate that book. I think it's horrible. The only way you learn about relationships and whether or not a guy is into you is by actually doing. Some people are lucky with relationships, others not so much. But you can't learn about relationships by a self help book. I hesitate to say all books because I think some novels can show us the way gals and guys should act towards each other. But again, the only way you find out what works for you is by learning....each person is different. We all find love in different ways.
The movie was like the story of my life. I could relate to a lot of the characters. Whether it was being a friend or a certain relationship or knowing someone who is obsessive over whether or not a guy calls her or not I have witnessed. I think it was a decent movie. My fave relationship was the Affleck/ Aniston relationship because it was cute and that's the kind of guy who is right for me...so I think. But yeah probs give it a B.

2. My Best Friend's Girl
~The movie with Dane Cook, Kate Hudson and that guy from American Pie

I thought this movie was pretty good. However, the ending SUCKED. Seriously? I was laughing because I could not for the life of me believe that they were serious about the ending. I dunno, like movies where people find themselves in going through a series of events. That is real life. Not fairytales. Yes, some people don't change, in fact, most people probably don't change. But the thing is People are affected by situations, relationships, events and life in general. Change or "growth" as my friend calls it, happens.

3. On The Way Down by Ryan Cabrera

I know that I am a little late on this boat, but I realized that this song was about Ryan's being "saved". He had said in an interview that in one of his darkest times he found God and then he wrote a song about it. Pretty sweet. I'm always down for musicians that write songs about God. Here I thought it was about something else. Alas, I am a huge fan of Ryan and I am happy to have made this discovery. It really makes me put more perspective into his music. I have all but his latest CD and I love just about all of his songs! so..that was my discovery of the night! yay!


That's all! Please feel free to discuss any of your opinions about these things with me! Thanks!
~Me~

No comments: