Saturday, February 02, 2008

Angry Young Man


Ok so I am not angry
and I'm not a man
I am young!

Anyways the point of this post was to do two things:
1. Talk about semi formal
2. review Movin' Out a New Musical


Semi Formal: Amazing Time. I got my head shot pic taken...i mean its unprofessional. But my little for thespians took an amazing picture of me. Look there it is!! haha It was great I danced a lot with her because of course there is no man in my life right now and no man in hers so i lead most of the night lol. However, here's what i found interesting. I had been seeing this guy in thespians...well I'll define seeing. We hooked up a few times very intentionally. Then we kinda had this moment where we were like we shouldn't do this...and stopped talking to each other. He said we should just be friends and blah blah and its all good. But we dont talk to each other at school cause he hangs out with this group and totally things hes too cool for anyone.
Well last night at semi I saw him looking in my direction quite a few times, but he never asked me to dance. So i was like ok strange...
men are weird like that.
Anyway afterwards was fun because there was no afterparty , im guessing this kid went out with his group that is too cool for anyone.
My little and i hung out at my apt and had a great time bonding. We were watching pride and prejudice and this kid, lets call him Lion, had an away message up about how he shouldnt try any more and all this stuff. So I imed him and was like maybe you should just man up. and then he wrote back with this deep conversation about screwing up relationships and fucking this up and something about me and stuff. So i wrote him back and told him he just needs to stand up for what he wants instead of being so quiet about it. and I was nice, i said if he needed to talk he could call me or come over or whatever, but he never wrote back after that. so i'm like really confused about it...

Now for my review of Movin' Out a new musical....

I would call it....Movin' Out a Billy Joel Ballet. Here's why. The only singing, comes from the guy in the orchestra playing the piano... The rest of the show is playing out in a ballet type of show.... so its a ballet to billy joel songs.

ok don't get me wrong. I LOVED it. I'm a huge Billy Joel fan and once I found out who everyone was, i was able to follow the story line....kinda. I understood about there being a war, but they weren't clear about which one....until the end when Goodnight Saigon is played.

I guess the whole thing confused me a bit. There was no talking and so in the beginning you are trying to find out who everyone is and what exactly is happening. The music, lighting, and dancing was great as well. The story line also great. However, I feel like you could get away with making a musical of Billy Joel songs about someone who wants to be a musician. I dunno. Also, the energy in the middle of the show was lacking. I don't know if the cast partied too hard in town the night before or what, but it just wasn't full of energy which also helps to drive the story, especially in dance.

It was not what i expected for a musical, but it was good nonetheless. Props to the leads who worked their butts off during the show. It really was a good show....just different.


until more shows...Coming up PUSH by the SOT

~me

No comments: