Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Bridge Band. 2007. 2008. Washington D.C. Radiate07. Love. Him.

So this weekend was a big weekend.
I didn't want to go because I wanted to stay home with my family and be selfish when I should of just been selfless. However, I went.

It ended up being a great time. Radiate is always a good time. THe speakers=amazing. The Bridge Band= beyond amazing. I don't think I would have gone if Phil wasn't speaking and the Bridge Band wasn't playing. Also, Auntie Ann (ya know the pretzel lady) Spoke and gave us free pretzels. It was cool. She's Christian which is sweet and she's Very passionate about it.

A passionate Love for the Lord. Wow. Sometimes I forget what that looks like because I get so caught up in my daily trials. Who am I do cry woe is me? Sure its ok to admit we are failures and we fall. Jesus loves us anyway. But man. If He didn't do enough for us already. How selfish can we be? Man oh man.

I was able to see the Holocaust Museum and some other things in DC. Pray for UDC and the campus there. and hang out with some sweet friends of mine from school.

The night before New Years we had an amazing worship session. I know that 2008 is going to be a year of change and challenge for me. After all, I didn't ask God for the easy life. I feel that I am being called to step up. To go out of my comfort zone and do things I would normally play it safe and say no to. For example, I have been struggling about going to do the Disney College Program in the fall, this means I would miss my last football season, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years with my family. I prayed a lot for that because I need to apply when I get to school. I feel like I am being compelled to go there. To study there for the experience and maybe because God has sometime in store there for my life. I promised to trust God with His plans for me. It's really hard to do that by the way. However, wherever He leads me, I'm sure there will be good things even if I have to struggle to get them. I think this year will be a year of healing, of fully relying on God and so much more. I can't really explain it. I just know it's going to be big.

New Years Eve, We worshiped in the New Year. THe Bridge Band played an amazing Praise Set and man if you could see it. It was beautiful! God was probably crying tears of joy. I don't know that for sure but it was beautifully amazing.

Now I'm home and I couldn't be more glad. I have plans to rest and relax, maybe go see Peter Pan in Philly this week. Who knows.

Until snowy snowmen,
Have a blessed 2008!
~ME

No comments: